Friday, June 20, 2014

Day 11 - Friday, May 23, 2014

Chamber of Commerce today, with a presentation by someone from the US Embassy. One thing I discovered is that American who marry French women end up living in France. I learned this throughout extensive research of asking Ricky and the US Embassy guy, both of whom replied, "I married a French woman," when I asked them how they ended up in France. Exhaustive research, I know. The efforts I go through to get the data I need! It was very interesting to hear about his efforts to get companies to invest in France, or to create jobs in France. In the afternoon, I wandered around the city. I went back to the Atelier de Soie in order to purchase a scarf for my wife. i discovered that I didn't know which one to get. While I was there, two older ladies came in, looking to purchase a scarf for themselves. it was fascinating to watch them trying to decide with the saleswoman. They would pull out a scarf, and discuss options, and I felt like I could understand the gist of what they were discussing, even if I had no clue what they were saying. However, i did catch at one point that they asked about me, and the saleswoman replied that I was shopping for my wife, and couldn't decide. Who says you have to speak French to know what is going on? After the ladies left, I was able to spot one of the scarves they had pulled out, and selected it for my wife. I also went to the bead Arts museum in Lyon, and discovered a number of pieced that I loved. Including this marble sculpture of a dog, which is so realistic, and portrays so much emotion in the face.
After I ate dinner, I spotted some people I recognized at a restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment