Friday, June 20, 2014

Day 8 - Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Tuesday morning, Evan, Joe, Chris Reed, Josh and I travelled down to Universitie No 3, Jean Moulin, in order to talk to university students about their majors, what job prospects they expected after they graduate, and the general job climate in France. It was interesting to see some similarities in their majors, the majority of whom we spoke to were in business/finance. I was impressed with the number of students who spoke English, and the few I spoke to had actually spent significant time studying abroad to help their English, usually in England. In the afternoon, we had another session at Emlyon, where another German professor, Fred Seidel, spoke to us about European businesses. To be honest, I forgot my notepad for this session, and I would like to say I remember every word, but this one seems to have slipped through the cracks for me. Thus I have learned a valuable lesson about always having a notepad, which is something that has been extremely important during my internship, as I have been meeting with a lot of people to discuss their roles and insights regarding my internship project. In the evening, we traveled to the Beaujolais, which was fun. I was surprised at how low to the ground the grape vines are, 40 cm, which they keep consistent. When I lived in Delano, CA, the grapevines there were elevated to about 4-5 feet off the ground.
On the way back, the bus driver allowed us to use the PA system for singing. Having had a little too much water to drink, I was in rare form and went up to sing Let It Go, from the movie Frozen, which I have sung many times for my 5 year old daughter. Let's just say if this is what I will do after drinking water, you can only imagine what I might sing after I drink a few bottles of Orangina. Perhaps Let It Go in French? Side Note: Orangina was my drink of choice in France, seeing as how I don't drink alcohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment