Friday, June 20, 2014

Day 5 - Saturday, May 17, 2014

We left Abbeville in the morning to travel to Paris, where I would take the TGV to Lyon, while my Dad would travel to London to visit friends. Here's the village center outside our hotel.
I slept most of the way on the train, but sat near a family of four, with two daughters, who played card games the whole trip. So I resolved to pick up some card games for my children before I went home. After I arrived in Lyon, I met up with Lisa & Stacy, and we took a cab to the Hotel Citadines. In the evening I was part of a group of us who walked up to the restaurant near the Basilica Nortre Dame de Fourviere. Here is the view in the light, and after dinner, with the lights.
One thing I realized I was going to have to get used to was the pace of meals. I am generally a quick eater, and I like to finish and move on. This is just not possible in France. They like to take their time. I was also introduced to salad Lyonaisse, which has a soft-boiled egg and ham. Tremendous! The dinner was great, and I managed to arrange an additional dessert, thanks to Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment