Friday, June 20, 2014

Day 12 - Saturday, May 24, 2014

Time to go. Oh King Arthur, I will miss you and your €4 Oranginas.
I took an early flight home, via Spain. Note the tremendous translation on this security sign. Can you spot the error?
Place yourself in the trays provided. I love it, but I couldn't manage to fit. I had a great time in France. It was a great learning experience, I was able to see great art, and some not so great art. I realized that I can get by without knowing a language, but I'd prefer to know I little more than "Thank you" and "I don't speak French", which phrase I was able to use twice when I was at the mall in Lyon. I was really impressed with EmLyon's facilities. Especially the breakout rooms for the MBA students, which is one thing I wish we had more of at UTD. Two rooms just isn't enough for a class with 12 groups.
Okay, there's my pitch for upgraded group breakout rooms for the Cohorts! Anyway, although I was hesitant about France before I left, the chance to visit the Normandy beaches, combined with the educational sessions, and the opportunity to spend more time with my classmates in a social setting, was something that I truly enjoyed. I had a great time, it is really is an experience that I will not forget...except for that one session where I forgot my notepad, I guess. But except for that, it was very memorable. I truly do wish I could forget how much money I spent on Orangina, but that's something that will probably never go away. Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment